The Biggest Secret for Business Success..

DON'T LIE.

Seems simple I know, but I caught a company, a rather large company in fact breaking the rule.

Yesterday gas prices made a hefty jump (well, atleast in Kingston they did). I was at a red light when my gas light came on (I think I need to reread the chapter on planning, but anyways). Luckily the corner I was at had 4 gas stations on it. 2 of which said 81.9. The other two said 76.4. Well, I may not be good at planning, but I'm not stupid. So I cut across the two lanes of traffic, almost hit a car and turned into Petro Canada as it said 76.4 on the sign. When I got out, the meter said 81.9 though. So I went inside and asked if I would still get the lower price because that's what the sign said. The cashier said no, that he was in the process of changing it. I said I understand, but in the meantime, it would be false advertising and they should honour the lower price until the sign is changed. He said no. Petro Canada LIED! He then pointed me across the street to the other one still reading 76.4. So I left (and will never return) and went across to the Sunoco where they did honour the lower price.

You know the sad thing? When I left the Sunoco, Petro Canada still hadn't changed their sign.

No comments: