Exceeding expectations on the mediterranean

The Trucker Management World Tour has seen some networking and prospecting this past week in Antalya, Turkey at the JCI World Congress, meeting with young leaders & entrepreneurs from 106 countries.

Today, on my way to Cyprus for some needed R&R, I had braced myself for a terribly long layover in Athens due to the way the flights were originally scheduled. When I checked in for the first flight this morning, I then found out that the last flight was rescheduled now for over three hours later, making the layover about 11 hours.

Much to my surprise, and without asking or expecting it, the airline offered to give me a hotel room for the day along with lunch and dinner. Suddenly, the value I have received from this ticket purchase has grown incrementally, and as I write this post from the lobby computer, I am thoroughly impressed by the way Olympic Airlines has more than exceeded my wildest expectations.

What ways can you surprise your customers or clients with unexpected, but significant, value-adds to blow away their expectations??

No comments: